Grace to you from God, our Creator, and Jesus Christ, our Savior, through the benevolence of the Holy Spirit, our Advocate.
Please know that we thank God for every remembrance of you and your faithfulness in participating in the ministry of the Illinois Conference. We thank you for supporting the mission of our Illinois Conference.
We invite your consideration of a financial gift to our "Mission Friends Fund" in 2011. Your support as a Mission Friend, along those of others, will enable our Conference to continue serving God in many ways as we attempt to continue Jesus mission of "bringing good news to the poor, proclaiming release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, and to letting the oppressed go free as we proclaim the year of the Lord." Financial Support received from our Mission Friends makes a difference in our ability to engage in:
- Staffing new church starts and providing for church revitalization
- Meeting basic human needs such as shelter, feeding programs, and tutoring through Mission Support
- Responding to our recent Local Church Needs Assessment
- Exercising a prophetic ministry addressing injustice in our society
- Providing clergy with continuing education
- Implementing the New Conceptual Framework
- And much more.
Finally, we solicit your prayers for the ministry of our United Church of Christ and the Illinois Conference throughout this year and always.
May God continue to watch over and bless you and your loved ones, as I remain
Your Sister in Christ,
Rev. Dr. Melbalenia D. Evans
Acting Associate Conference Minister
Stewardship and Church Vitality
P.S. Make your check payable to the Illinois Conference "Mission Friends" and mail it with the commitment form to the Illinois Conference, or donate online by clicking here to visit our secure payment website.